Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog Post- #11

I really liked Kathy Cassidy's approach to technology in her classroom. It seems that she has a well throughout plan on how to transition the technology into the classroom routine. In the video I liked how the students were getting up and working on the smart board. The students seem really engaged. I really liked the idea of technology in the reading centers. While I have been doing my field experience I have noticed how hard it is to keep the kids engaged and this method seemed to work for Kathy. If I was to incorporate technology in my classroom like Kathy, I would do it in the reading centers. I would set special games up to enforce reading.

The problem I would come in contact with while trying to use technology would be lack of resources. The elementary school that I am working at only has three computers in the classroom that the children have access to. The lack of computers would cause problems when it comes to each child getting a chance to work on the computer. I would try and solve this problem by applying for grants and reaching out to other resources for help. Kathy was able to reach out and get help so hopefully I would be as well.

1 comment:

  1. Victoria~
    I really enjoyed how you incorporated your own field experience into this blog post. However, I would have loved to have read more about what Kathy Cassidy suggests in her class video as well as what she states in her interview with Dr. Strange.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete