Wednesday, October 16, 2013

C4T Post- #2

Lisa's Post #1

Lisa Thurman is an  innovative learning technologies at The School for Global Education and Innovation at Kean University in New Jersey.  She  work with educators to improve teaching and learning using technology.  Lisa also helps with the UA conferences but only about 50% of people that are suppose to be in attendance come to the conference. Lisa's biggest concern has been the waste of people's time, money, and food. She has decided to bring it to attention now that  the attendance rate has continued to drop. Lisa wants a solution for this problem. Should she establish unwritten rules or should she stop having these conferences all together?

My Response...

I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I have never heard of these conventions nor have I ever attended one but I feel that something must be done about the wastefulness. It is not only the wastefulness of the food but also the money and the time of the people involved. My suggestion is to charge a fee. The fee might make people commit more to coming.

Lisa's Post #2

Lisa has been working a with a group to learn more about the common core standards. through this process Lisa has established common core communities of practice. These communities will work on improvements and work on a workplace for teachers. this workplace will allow many teachers more opportunities. Lisa feels that these communities will enhance learning. To launch this new stuff, there will be a conference for NJ teachers in NJ. 

My Response...

Hi, my name is Victoria Williams and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently taking EDM 310 and I have been assigned to visit your blog post. I think that it is really impressive how much you want to help teachers. Creating an virtual workplace will create more opportunities for educators.



No comments:

Post a Comment