Saturday, October 26, 2013

Blog Post #10

What can we learn about teaching and learning from Randy Pausch?

When I first read this question and started the video I was worried that I might fall asleep while watching this video. After the video started and Randy started talking I knew there was no way I could find this video not interesting. I felt so sad for Randy when he started telling his medical problems but after listening for awhile I felt happy for him. Randy has taken a serious situation and made the best out of it. I found his story to be inspirational. Randy's brain tumor was not the only thing he was determined to overcome. Randy has lived his life achieving dreams and even when there was let downs Randy enjoyed the experience.

I have learned by listening to this lecture that there is always going to be thing that stand in my way but I have to overcome them. As future a educator, I can learn to teach my students that nothing is impossible. No dream is too big or too small. When things do not turn out the way that we expect them too then we still had a wonderful experience. We should live everyday looking at the good and not the bad. As a  future educator, I now know to teach like it is my last day. I should make each  lecture or each lesson worth listening too.

1 comment:

  1. Victoria,
    I really enjoyed your blog post! I, too, thought I was not going to get through the video because of how long it was, but once I started watching it I was hooked! He was SO inspirational. Even though he was told he only had a few short months to live, he still lived his life to the fullest and didn't let that keep him from not having fun.
    You did good on your post, I didn't notice any grammatical errors or anything wrong with your sentences. Great job!

    ReplyDelete