Saturday, September 14, 2013

C4T Post #1

I have been assigned to comment on Joe Bowler's blog for the Love of Learning. I have really enjoyed reading his blogs because he has so much passion for his work. Mr. Bowler is an teacher from Alberta Canada. Mr. Bowler strikes up discussions to keep people thinking and open minded. He somewhat challenges people.

The first post that I read from Bowler's blog was titled "When I grow up, I want to be like mommy". In this post he used a picture as an example. This picture looked as if a little girl was saying that her mom was a stripper. Mr. Bowler points out that there are more to teaching than just collecting grades. Being a teacher is about getting to know your students. Teachers should be careful not to assume and make sure to personally interact with their students.

 In my first comment to Mr. Bowler I told him who I was and where I was from. I then went on to tell him how much I agreed with everything that he said. I loved the picture example that he used. I also told him that I agreed that teachers should take the extra time to get to know their students. There is more to teaching than just sitting at a desk and collecting grades.

The next post that Mr. Bowler used is titled "3 Potential Problem for Alberta's New Task force on Teacher Excellence". This was about the Albert Government. He was highly concerned with the changes that were taking place. He never downed the government but he did want some clarification. The government is putting in place a new task force on teacher excellence. Bowler's concern was this new task force going to lead to evidence based conversations that contribute to improving teacher quality.

After reading this post I left a comment on Bowler's blog. I informed him who I was again and where I was from. Then, I took time to tell him again how much I admired his passion for his job. I also told Bowler that I agreed with improving teachers. I agree with always striving to be better and  improving. i informed him that I did not know much about the Alberta Government but I could understand where he might have reservations towards the change.






No comments:

Post a Comment