Saturday, August 24, 2013

If I had a Classroom it would look like

If I had a classroom it would be like...
I would be teaching Kindergarten so everything would be new and exciting for them.

What do you want your students to be able to do…
 I want my students to be able to conduct themselves as respectful children. I will expect them to respect me, other staff, and their parents. i hope that if they learn at least one thing from my class it would be that.

I want my students to know
I am always willing to help them in any way. I never want them to be scared to ask me a question or tell me if something is going on. 

The tools I will use in my classroom…
I will use the A Beka Book curriculum to teach because it incorporates Christ in learning. Also I will use computers and smart boards to keep my students up to date with technology.

What will be your primary way of teaching your students what you want them to know and to do…
I want my classroom to be full of fun activities to keep my kids wanting to learn and be at school. Having fun will be the methods I use to help motivate my students and keep them interested.

What role will the students play in the classroom and how will they participate…
The students will always have a role within the classroom. I will encourage the students and praise the students for doing their best. The student’s artwork will be displayed within my classroom and the hall. I hope that the numerous activities that are held  will keep the kids motivated to learn and come to school. We will host activities such as. We will count down the 100 days of school and have a big bash on the 100th day. On the 100th day the children will have a parade throwing their 100 objects that they have chosen to bring to school that day. On Dr. Seuss’s birthday the staff will dress up as a Dr. Seuss character and the children will wear their Dr. Seuss hats.  We will have green eggs and ham for lunch and the whole day will just be a celebration. We will support the St. Jude Trike-A-Thon and raise money for their cause.  The kids will be able to bring their bikes on the Trike-A-Thon day and ride for the cause. We also will have other fun events such as harvest parties and Easter celebrations.

4 comments:

  1. This was a great post! I think it is great that you want to teach children in kindergarten. I love the ideas you have about having a Dr. Seuss day and having a day to celebrate the 100th day of school. I believe that having fun activities like those keep children interested and it gives them something to look forward to. It sounds like you have found the balance of becoming a great teacher. You will provide structure, but also you will provide some fun time which is good for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Briann. I also agree that fun activities are key to keeping kids interested, and that is why I wrote about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... and their parents. i hope that..." Capitalize I.

    "I will use the A Beka Book curriculum to teach..." So you are not going to teach in public schools?

    Did you watch the Mitra video? It does not appear that you did. You are required to do all parts of an assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the point of the blog post was to use our imagination for what our ideal classroom would be like. I used the blog "If I had a School" as guidance for writing my blog. I did watch the video but I was not aware that I was suppose to be writing about it. I do not know if I want to teach public or private school yet ,but if I had my own classroom A Beka Book would be my ideal curriculum.

    ReplyDelete