Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blog Post #16- Final Reflection

Hello, today I am reflecting back on this semester and my future classroom . I will be looking into the future and deciding how I will run my classroom and the expectations I will have for my students. When I started this class, my expectations for my classroom where a whole lot less than they are now that I have finished. I was not aware of the technology available or the technology capability of elementary age students.


I hope that my classroom will be colorful and full of life. It will be set up to be an all around learning environment. I will put emphasizes on my reading centers and the set up of my classroom. My classroom walls will be full of the student’s activities and their art work. I will have technology available for the students to access along with other learning resources.


My teaching will be through project based learning and through interaction with my students. Learning should be fun and that is what my classroom is all about.  I will hopefully be teaching second grade or up so the projects can be more advanced. I want to incorporate lots of hands on activities and projects through my teaching. I feel that hands on work will be my student’s best work and the best way for them to learn.


I will make use of the technology offered in today’s society. My smartboard will be my biggest tool. Educational websites and games will become an educational re enforcer. Presenting information using Prezi will be the new way I present my lessons to the class. I will keep in mind wonderful teacher resources such as TeachPayTeacher and Pinterest. I will also keep in mind my personal learning network and use the tools I have on it.


When I first wrote about my future classroom my judgement of education was not on target. I felt that the most important thing for my students to know is that I am always willing to help them. I still want my students to be able to ask me questions but I also want them to figure things out on their own. Learning on their own and through their own experiences will be the best way for them to learn. I had put a lot of emphasis on the curriculum that will be used but it is not the curriculum that needs the attention, it is how I am teaching whatever curriculum I am given.

Me wanting to encourage and support my students has not changed. I still feel that the best way to help my students is to build them up. I also still agree with student interaction within the classroom. I had wrote that I would spend time working on fun activities such as Dr. Seuss Day and the 100th day of school. I will still have fun stuff like that in my classroom and I hope that activities like these will help build up learning.


1 comment:

  1. "I still want my students to be able to ask me questions but I also want them to figure things out on their own. Learning on their own and through their own experiences will be the best way for them to learn." It is great to see that you have taken several things away from this semester, including allowing students to learn on their own and not using burp back education in your classroom.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete